Dirty Cop


Dirty Cop
Selection contains strong language.

Detective Stands:
As I pulled up, I saw three fire trucks and four police cruisers.  Then I saw the two ambulances and the EMS truck.  I parked my car in the street.  It was obvious that this intersection was going to be closed for a while.  What a mess.  Parts were scattered throughout the intersection.  I saw the grey vintage Camaro’s rear end.  It didn’t look that bad, but the minivan on its side was never going to be used again.  The whole front end was mangled and filleted open.  I guessed, that the firemen had had to extract the driver.  In the debris near the vehicle I saw a doll, some other toys and one backpack.  When I heard the call, they didn’t mention if any kids were injured.  My heart skipped a beat. Please no dead kids today.  My attention was drawn to a uniformed officer that was stringing some caution tape.  “Serge, where’s the victim?”  Please don’t correct me and say it was more than one.
Sergeant, “Over by the far ambulance, the EMTs are getting her ready to go.”  He turned and continued with his task.
Good he didn’t mention any children.  I started across the debris field.  I had to go passed the Camaro to get to the far ambulance and I glanced at the occupant.  He was handcuffed to his steering wheel.  I didn’t see his face and I wasn’t going to give him my attention just yet.  I wanted to see the soccer mom first, then, maybe I’d talk to that asshole. 
“Frank?”  Said a familiar voice.
I turned and looked at the driver. Oh shit, “Brent?” What the fuck
“I fucked up, Frank...” He said weakly.
“Brent, you need to shut up and I will get to you after I get some statements.  You... shit!  You just keep your mouth shut.”  Son-of-a-bitch, God what is he doing here?  Control, keep your cool and sort this out.  I looked at his face, he was scared and I detected a hint of remorse.  What was he scared aboutSomething is very wrong here.  Brent’s no fool, this has got to be a huge mistake.  Okay keep it in checkFind out what hell happened and take it step by step.  I forced myself to turn and go to the ambulance.  There was a woman on the gurney and two EMS members were working on her.  On the far side was another uniform and two children.  One was a young boy and the other was a cute little girl.  There were children involved!  They appear to be okay.  One of the EMS guys was working on stabilizing the mother’s left arm.  She had her right arm stretch across to her chest reaching toward her children.  I introduced myself, “Good evening ma’am.  I wish we were meeting under different circumstances.  My Name is Detective Frank Stands.”
She looked at me nodded and looked back at her kids.
I followed her gaze and then looked at the officer.  Her name tag read “Lopez.”
The soccer mom said, “She saved my babies.”
I kept my gaze on Officer Lopez and she realized that I wanted to know about the status of the kids.  “They appear to be fine; we are transporting them to the hospital with the mom.  I got her husband’s contact information and he’s in-route.“  She fidgeted and put her hands about the two children.
She must have kids herself, “Thank-you officer.”  I looked at the EMS officers, his name tag said “Seronto”  “I need to interview Mrs...”
The EMT Seronto, “Miss Blanchet.”
“Thank-you.”  I nodded to the officer.  “Can you spare a minute.” 
EMT Seronto, “She’s stable, but we need to get her and the kids to the hospital soon.”
“Thanks.”  I looked at the woman, “Miss Blanchet… I need to ask you a few questions.“  I felt bad, but I needed the information sooner than later.  She looked at the kids again.  It’s always nice to see a woman who cares more about the kids than herself.  All to often I’m in places where that’s not the case. “Ma’am, in your words can you tell me what happened.”
Miss Blanchet thought about the moment she realized that they were going to be hit. 

Barbara:
“Jack, quick teasing your sister.”  Damn this light is taking forever, Okay.  “Thanks.”  I said to the light.  But to myself, we are going to be late.  Come on guys, you have a green light. Oh great, now you decide to cross the street, oh please get going.  Oh, a siren and I’m stuck in the intersection.  Come on man, I’m going to get a ticket.  That siren is getting closer.  If I get a ticket, I’ll be real late.  Now what, another pedestrian, come on, we need to go too.  “Really, really, can’t you walk any faster?”  Man that siren is getting close.  I looked at the light and it was still green, good, maybe he will be merciful and not stop me.  “What’s... that.“  Your light is red.  Oh god he’s not stopping! “Oh my God, stop!”  Got to get out of here!  I can go straight, it’s clear.  Why is he going faster?  Got to get out of the way!  The world just moved and twisted.  Why?
               When things stopped moving the road was sideways.  Why is the road sideways?  “Jack! Susie! Why are you crying?”  Then I heard my mother’s voice, “When they are crying, they might be hurt, but they’re okay... It’s when they don’t cry that you have to worry.”  Why would they be crying?  “Susie, it’s me honey”  My voice sounds weird.  I heard footsteps.  Why is someone in the street?  I don’t want to hit them.  Oh my god, the street is sideways.  I knew that.  Why?
“Ma’am.”  A male voice said excitingly, “Ma’am, are you okay.”
That’s a silly question, why would he ask; maybe it had something to do with the sideways street.  “I’m on my way to piano practice, and I’m late.”  I thought I would ask him about the street, but he would think I was crazy.  What’s in my hair?  I tried to move, but it hurt.  Oh My God! What’s wrong with my arm?  I tried to look, but my neck hurt.  I was hanging.  The kids! “Jack, Susie!” they are still crying.
Male voice, “I can see them, they’re fine.  They are still in their car seats.  I have the fire department on the way.  You will be just fine. Ma’am, can you hear me.  You are going to be fine.” 
Maybe he can help my kids, “Can you help my kids?”
Male voice, “Right now I just need you to hold still.  We will get them out as fast as we can.”
“No get them out now.  This is not right, why is the street sideways?”  My mind just could not wrap itself around that.
Male Voice, “Ma’am, I’m Officer Flagen, and I’m going to stay with you.”  I could hear him moving on the side of my car. “Ma’am, I can see your children and they are not hurt.”
“Okay, I need to get out.”  It seems so sensible, something was wrong with the car and we needed to get out.
Officer Flagen, “Ma’am, you need to hold still until the firemen get her.  You’re hurt. Ma’am what’s your name.  Can you tell me your name.”
“Its Barbra.  Yes, Barb…ra.”  Why does that seem so strange.
Officer Flagen, “Barbra, I need you to hold still until the fire department gets here.”
I’m hurt, oh god what is going to happen to Jack and Susie.  I need to call Jonathan, “I need to call my husband.  Where’s my phone?”
Officer Flagen, “Barbra, we will find you phone and call your husband.”
More footsteps.
Another male voice, “What can we do?”
A female voice, “If we break the back window I can get in there and help the kids.”
Male voice, “EMS is still ten minutes out.”
Officer Flagen, “Do it, she’s freaking out about the kids.”
More footsteps, they were running away, my mind just didn’t understand, “Are they going to help?”
Officer Flagen, “Yes. They just need something to break the back window.”
Oh don’t hurt my car; I just got it last month.  The air bags are out. 
Jonathans voice, “If you hit something hard enough to activate the air bags the car is probably totaled.”
Oh, he is going to be upset, we just got this car.
Officer Flagen, “Ma’am we are going to break the back window, don’t worry we just want to help the kids.”
Oh, thank god, they’re going to help my babies
Officer Flagen, “Ma’am... Barbra, hear that, that’s the fire department, they will be here and get you out.  Help is almost here, stay with us.”
His voice seemed to fade.  Oh, no you don’t.  You don’t go into shock!  Damn it, you stay awake.  The kids need me.  Come on!  “Are you helping my babies?”
Officer Flagen, “Barbra, Officer Lopez is climbing in the back, she will help them out.”
“Hello, ma’am.  I’m Officer Lopez.  I will help your kids get out of here.”
               Her voice sounded so nice, she must be a nice lady.
More glass is breaking, why? Oh those sirens are so close. 
The other man’s voice, “Ma’am, the fire department has just arrived, stay with us.”
Where was I going to go?  I couldn’t move and my arm hurt really bad.  More footsteps.
Officer Lopez, “Barbra, do you know your husband’s phone number?”
“Yeah, he’s number two.”  I thought about the questions… yeah he’s number two. “He always picks up.”  That’s so funny, my sister constantly gripes about her husband never picking up the phone when she calls.  Not Jonathan, he…
“Ma’am, I need a number, do you remember his number.”  It was the other man.
Who was he and why doesn’t he just hit the two, it so simple.  Oh, shit, they need my phone, “It’s on my phone and it was right here... beside me.  Oh sorry, I don’t know where it went to.”
Officer Lopez, “That’s okay, we will find it.”
Other male voice.  “Dispatch we need the registration on…” his voice faded away.
More footsteps, heavy footsteps, lots of footsteps.  Man is the whole fire department here?
“Ma’am, we are going to get you out of here.” Said a different man’s voice.  He sounded so sure.
“Thank-you.”  I’m not comfortable and my neck is really starting to hurt.
“Ma’am, stay with us.”  Said the fireman.
Officer Flagen, “Her name is Barbra.”
Okay, I’m not with it, the kids are still crying.  They need me, “Help my kids please.”  My voice is so weak.  Stay with it; don’t let them take your kids.  I heard another window break, “Oh, please stop breaking my windows, my husband is going to be so upset.  We just bought this car.”
“Barbra, you’ve been in an accident and we need to get you out, but first I’m going to give you something for the pain.
“Jack, Susie!” I was panicking.  No!  Focus.  Stay with it Barb.
Man’s Voice, “There fine, Officer Lopez is taking care of them.”
Where are they I can’t hear them. “Oh my god, where are my kids?”
“Ma’am, they’re fine, we got them out.  They. Are. Okay.”  The Voice was just barely there.  Why does he seem so distant?  Oh, don’t pass out.
“Where are my kids?”  Why can’t you tell me where my kids are?
“Ma’am” His voice smoothed out.  “Barbra, we need to get you out of her, Please don’t panic.  The kids are fine.”  The firefighter was firm.
“Oh, please help me.”  Am I selfish?  It hurts so much
“Ma’am, I’m here.” Said a female voice.
She was right beside me.  How did she get into my car? “Are you an officer?”
Female Voice, “Yes ma’am, I’m here to help.”
“Thank-you.” Where are my kids? “Do you know where my kids are?”
“Yes ma’am.” She said softly, “They are outside with the EMTs; we are taking care of them.”  She moved and I heard glass break.
 Oh, they are just ruining my car.  I could feel her hand against the side of my face.  It felt cold, but it eased the pressure on my neck.  Then more sirens and more people.  Foot steps, lots of footsteps.  A jumble of talking, they are talking so fast I couldn’t tell who was saying what.
Female voice, “She’s hurt.”
Male voice, “I think she’s stuck.”
Male voice, “We need to stabilize her neck.”
Gravelly voice, “Pull the front window off.”
Sweet Male Voice, “Do you have any EMS training?”
Male voice, “Get a back board in here.”
Gravelly Male voice, “Should we try to stabilizer her where she is?”
Male voice, “How long will that take?”
Another Male voice, “Can we open the side door?”
Gravelly Male voice, “We might as well pull the dash away from her.”
Then finally someone talked to me, “Ma’am, I’m an EMT, my name is Jack.”
“My son’s name is Jack.”  I like the name Jack, it’s so friendly.
Officer Lopez, “Her name is Barbra.”
“Barbra, we need to stabilize you as much as we can, then we can get you out of here.”  His voice seems nice.
“Okay, did anyone call John?  I can’t find my cell phone?”  Why, oh I’ve been in an accident, “Can someone call John, he’s my husband.  He is number two.”
“Ma’am, I think an officer has called him.”  Jack said so smoothly.
“How are they going to know his number, I lost my cell phone. Damn speed dial, I really should know my husband’s number.”  I was scolding myself.  Damn speed dial.
“Barbra”, its officer Lopez, “we found your cell phone and we are trying to contact him.”
Male voice, “Lopez... Check the glove compartment.  We need the registration.”
Officer Lopez, “Okay.”
Male Voice, “We will have the rookie run the plates.”
Why is Lopez in the van, she’s supposed to be with the kids?
Officer Lopez, “Ma’am, I’m going to cover your head, they are going to pull the front windshield out.”
“Oh, no, please stop destroying my car.  Oh, John is not going to like this.”  I was confused.  Why are they tearing my car apart? Oh, it’s so dark. “Please don’t.”
“It’s okay ma’am, I’m with you.”  Her voice was soft. 
When the light came back I looked through the front windshield, wow I can see better.  I guess we needed to replace the windshield anyway.  I certainly couldn’t drive with it that wayHey a fireman just climbed through the windshield, you don’t see that every day.  He’s cute.
“Barbra, I’m going to give you something for the pain.”  Said the handsome fireman.
What pain? Oh yeah, my arm.  But that’s nothing compared to having kids, silly cute fireman.
“Ma’am, stay with us, Barbra!  She’s going into shock.”  The man’s voice faded.

“Welcome back.”  It was Jack the handsome firefighter.
“Where did I go?”  Where could I have gone?  I was stuck in my car.  Hey the road is right again.  Where is Jack and Susie, Don’t panic, “Where are my kids?”
“They are right here,” Said Officer Lopez.
Handsome Jack, “Ma’am, we need to get your arm stabilized and then we can transport you to the hospital.  We’ve check out your kids and they are fine.  But we need you to lie still and we will get you ready for the ride to the hospital.”  He was very reassuring. 
“Okay.”  I said weakly, not that I could do anything.
“Mommy.”  I heard in unison.
“Mommy’s here, Mommy is okay.”  I said, but is mommy okay?  I tried to reach out with my left hand, but it did not move and the pain got worse.  Oh, god that hurts.
“Ma’am, please don’t try to move your arm, it was broken in the accident.”  Handsome Jack’s voice was so nice.
My kids need me.  I reached out with my right arm to hold their hands.  Jack looked so scared.  Susie just looked down.  Officer Lopez was standing behind them.  I looked at her friendly face and big brown eyes, “Thank-you.”  I could not think of anything better to say.  It seemed so little as compared to what she had done for my kids.  “Did anyone get a hold of John?”
“Yes ma’am, we got his number and called him.  He is on his way.”  Said Officer Lopez.
A man in a brown suit and tie walked up, “Good evening ma’am.  I wish we were meeting on better circumstances...”

Detective Stands:
Frank Turned away from Barbara and closed the file on his PDA and opened a new one.  So she tried to get out of the way and ended up getting in it.  Damn! Brent you are going down for this.  I turned to looked at the Camaro.  No one was near it, not even the EMTs.  I walked back to the driver’s side and looked over the top of the car and yelled at the firemen standing by the truck.  “Has anyone checked him out?”  I indicated Brent.
“We were told to leave him alone,” Said a chunky firefighter.  “And we happily did just that.”  He turned to talk to the other firefighters.
“I don’t give a goddamn who told you that, get over here and check him out.”  Anger was starting to well up. “He’s now the counties responsibility.”  I looked at the Sergeant that was walking towards me, “Secure him and let the EMT’s check him out.  He’s not going to die on us.  We are going to follow procedure.”
Sergeant, “We saw to the woman first and I won’t apologize for that.”  He tried to open the door and found that it was locked, so he reached in carefully, keeping an eye on Frank, an unlocked the door.
“Be nice, Sergeant.”  Okay, need to stay with the program and work this out.  I walked toward the cruiser that was in the center of the intersection. The lights were still flashing.  The driver’s door was open and I found Officer Flagen sitting in the driver’s seat. He was staring off in the direction of Miss Blanchet.  He was lost in thought and didn’t look at me as I approached.  I looked down at my PDA and read off his name, “Officer Flagen?”  The officer looked at me, Damn, he’s just a kid.  “I need to take your statement.”
Officer Flagen, “Yes, sir.”  And looked back at the ambulance, “I followed procedures, sir.”
“I’m sure you did, son.  This is just a formality.”

Officer Flagen:
Looking through the front of the patrol car windshield, “Yeah, sweet heart, I should be home for dinner.”  She is always checking up on me.  But who can blame her.  I’ve only been patrolling by myself for two weeks now.  And it’s been my luck to get stuck with some asshole driver that thinks the road was built just for them.  It’s asshole drivers that make me late, because they have to go pulling some bonehead traffic violation just as I’m getting off work.  Then it takes me hours to finish the paperwork.  “Well I was on Jefferson and third, a few cars back from the intersection, when I observed the Camaro do a California stop.”  Why did I have to be so anal?  I should have let it go.  “So I turned on my lights and well you know.”
Detective Stands, “No, son.  I don’t know.  Give me a detailed report.”
“Well I turned on my lights, cleared the intersection and went after the Camaro.”  What the hell do you think I did?  And if he calls me “son” on more time.  “No offence sir, But I’m not your son.”
“Calm down Officer Flagen.”  He said in a friendlier tone. “I need to piece this mess together.”
“Sorry.”  Not really, but I’m not your son. “I didn’t get close enough to get his plates.  As soon as he saw the lights he bolted.”  I saw the car accelerate away from me, man he’s fast.  “I hit the accelerator and called it in.”  Oh, shit, I called in the wrong carShit, shit “I called in my old car’s number and Dispatch told me to calm down and concentrate.”  God, first fucking pursuit and I act like a total rookie!  “I called back my location and the description and direction of the…” Asshole.   “Car.”  We continued on Jefferson until he made a right onto 101.  He blew through the light and I called it in.”  That son of a bitch just about hit a car in that intersection too. “I told dispatch the he was extremely dangerous and that he was now south bound on 101.”  Rocketing south was more like it.  “Dispatch told me to hold back and that they were trying to get ahead of him.”  Not that I had to be told that, this piece-of-shit patrol car couldn’t keep up with him anyway.  But since he got on the highway that meant that CHP was going to take over the pursuit. “Then they said that CHP was notified and was going to take over the pursuit.”
“Who was they?” said the detective.
“Dispatch.”  Who do you thinkOkay focus, “We headed down 101 for; I don’t know 3 or 4 miles and then a CHP observer told me to switch to Tac 4.  So I did”, Shit, I didn’t tell dispatch I was switching.
Detective Stands, “Did you notify dispatch?”
Shit, shit, shit. “No.” They are going to kick me all the way back to desk jockey.
“That’s understandable, I’m sure dispatch heard the CHP order.”  The detectives face said otherwise. “Listen, you need to calm down and take me through it.  The double A R will be filed and you can go through it.  I’m sure there will be things that don’t look good, but that’s how we learn.  If you read it and fix in your mind what you did right and work on what did wrong, it will make you a better officer.” The detective tried to look more relaxed. “We’ve all been there s...Officer.” He indicated the other officers at the scene.
“Yes sir, I hear you.  Sorry.  I just feel like shit.”  I really do, why?
“That’s the adrenaline wearing off.”  The detective kinda shifted back to the pompous ass mode. “That’s why we need to get this now, before you forget anything.  Later you need to go through the reports and make sure it’s complete.”
“I understand.” Getting all the shit while it’s still fresh.  I took psychology 101 too.  “Okay, so I backed off to one half mile, just like they told me.  About every minute or so, they would give me an update on his position.  He never backed down.  He was doing 120 plus.”
“So, they told you that he turned off the highway.”  He indicated the direction of the highway.
“Actually, no.  No, they didn’t?”  Why? “I lost him over a hill and that’s when I noticed the chopper.”  The sun was ahead of me so it was in silhouette. “As I came over the hill and the sun glare flashed off his rear window as he made a right onto the surface street.  I looked ahead on the highway and he wasn’t there, so I assumed that that was him.  And by the way he accelerated, I knew I was right.”  You know something else that wasn’t right. “You know the CHP should have caught up with us by then, but I never saw any.”
The detective looked around the intersection, No CHP vehicles.
“Yeah, where are they?” That’s strange, if they joined the chase, where in the hell are they? Okay maybe this guy isn’t full of shit after all.  He is helping me remember things I didn’t think about before.
“So you never saw any CHP cars?”  He was as perplexed as I was.
“No sir.”  They probably crawled back into their hidey holes. “I guess they figured that since he...” I looked at the Camaro, “went back onto the surface streets that they could back off.”  That’s not by the book, though.
“Maybe.  So what happened next?” The detective looked at his PDA.
That’s got to save on paperwork.  Wish I could do my tickets on one of those.  It would make my job so much easier.  “So, I kept my distance, but left my siren on.  I wanted people to be aware; hopefully they will be extra careful before entering an intersection.  Lot-a-good that did.”
“You did right Officer.” Said the detective.
“He made it through two lights before this one. “  I remembered trying to get past a truck. “I didn’t see the cars hit, I just saw the parts flying and…”  oh shit, I’m going to throw-up.

Detective Stands:
The officer went pale, and jumped out of the car and ran to the back and threw up three times the last was nothing but dry heaves.  I felt sorry for the kid.  This was not his fault but he was going to have to deal with it.  It’s hard to protect and serve and sometimes no matter how hard we try, the outcome just sucks.
“Sorry sir.”  Officer Flagen said weakly.  “I did it by the book.”
“Mostly, but all the important parts are covered.”  I kind of chuckled.  “Hey son... Officer, it will be okay.  Remember to look at the double A R and fix the little things.  Okay.”
The kid nodded his head yes and I let him alone.  He was embarrassed for tossing his cookies and he did do all the important things by the book.  Now I was beginning to see why the captain sent me out here.  Something was not quite right about this situation.
I looked in the direction of the Camaro.  The sergeant had Brent’s hands cuffed behind his back and the EMT was checking him out.  I yelled to the Sergeant, “When the EMTs are done with him, put him in the back of a cruiser, I’ll interview him there.”
To my left a tow truck pulled up, it was the normal type with the crane out the back.  One of the officers walked up to it and talked to the driver, and then he pointed at me.  Who called the tow trucks?  We have at least another hour before we can clear this scene.  That’s when I noticed that the number of spectators had doubled and I saw a camera in the crowd, Great now this will be all over CNN.  I looked over at the ambulance.  They were loading the woman into the back and Officer Lopez was still standing with the kids.  I had no doubt that she has kids herself, she looks comfortable with these two. 
Suddenly a man ducked under the tape and came running towards the ambulance.  He was wearing a grey suit, minus the jacket.  His tie was flying over his shoulder.  One of the officers tried to intercept him, but the boy looked at him and yelled.
“Daddy.”  The boy ran from Officer Lopez and buried himself in his dad’s arms. 
Carrying the kid, the man walked up to Officer Lopez and collected his daughter into his other arm.  They were crying again and he was trying to comfort them.  He then walked over to the ambulance and looked in.  After a few words and with great reluctance he handed each of his kids to the EMT that was waiting.  They would all have to go to the hospital to be checkout.  It was sad to see the kids still reaching for their dad.  And the pain on his face was evident.  This was a bad day, but under the circumstances it was better than the alternative.
I turned my attention back to Brent; good they put him in a cruiser.  By the book.  On my way to the cruiser, the officer that was talking to the tow truck driver approached me. 
“Sir, this guy says he needs to get the car and get back before dark.”  The officer said not too convincingly.
“You tell him, I will release the damn thing when I’m done, who the hell called him anyway.”  I was annoyed; I was in my car when dispatch told these guys, that I was taking over the investigation.  No one would have call for the trucks until I released them. 
“I don’t know, but I’ll tell him he’ll have to wait.” And he turned to go back to the driver.
The driver never got out of the truck.  I turned and walked to the cruiser.  Brent, what the hell is going on here?  It took forever to get to the cruiser, I was half afraid of his explanation. Could he be in trouble?  I reached the car and opened the front passenger side.  I got in and turned in the seat so I could look in the back. Brent was sitting there, head hung.  The blood on his forehead had bled through the band aid that the EMT had put there.  I didn’t say a thing at first.
“You have got to get me out of here.” Brent said without looking up.
“Fuck you; you just about killed that woman!” I was surprised that he would even suggest such a thing.
“Frank, a lot of people are going to die if you don’t let me out of here.”  Brent never raised his head, but his confidence was getting stronger.
“God damn Brent, you go and disappear, what ten years ago and now.  I’m suppose to lay my ass on the line for you.”  I was angry now.
Brent spoke quietly, “I’m not pulling the partner card and I can’t explain where I’ve been.”
“That’s it, that’s your explanation.  That’s shit.”  Now I was real angry.  My mind went back twelve years, to the day that I made detective and Brent join the Homicide division.  I lost track of him after that, then I remember hearing that he left the force.  I tried to get a hold of him, but he just disappeared.
Brent kept his voice low, “Frank, the guys I’m working with are heavy hitter.  They will destroy you if I read-you-in.”
Feds! Oh shit, we stumbled onto a federal investigationThey still don’t have the right to knock off an innocent family and not pay the price.
Brent, “Frank, let them take the car” He nodded his head toward the tow truck. “and put me in an ambulance, you don’t have to…”
“What, take the fall for letting you go?  Damn-it Brent, I’m going to retire in three years...And what the fuck do I owe you.”  I knew the answer.
“Your life.” Brent said mater-of-factly
“Fuck-you, you were my partner, that’s what partners do.” How dare he use that.  He was supposed to be there for me and I for him.
“Here’s what I can tell you.  I’ve been working this case for five years and we are so close to…. We’ll just say, saving millions of American families.” Said Brent.

Internal Affairs Officer
Detective Ainsworth slammed the file on the Table in front of the Frank.  “And that’s all he said?”
The Frank nervously looked the IA officer in the eyes. “No, but…” you could see the realization on his face.  He’s going down. “I want a union rep and...”
“Fuck-you!  I’m going to get some answers!” I opened the file and pulled out a banking statement.  “You have had some interesting transactions lately.  Like this one,” he pointed to the transaction for a hundred and twenty thousand dollar, deposited into his account the day after the accident and mysterious disappearance of the driver and the car.
The Frank looks up again in defiance. “I want a lawyer.”
“You will get a layer the day hell freezes over!” said Ainsworth, more yelled.  Then to himself,  I’ll keep this up until I get the truth.  I have thirty six more hours and I’m going to use everyone fucking one of them.  Ainsworth stood up and looked into the two way mirror that was at his back.  There was a scowl on is face.  There is nothing worse than a dirty cop!

R.A. Legg
all rights reserved.

If you have enjoyed this post please leave a comment.

Other writings will be posted as they become available.  None of the postings have been professionally edited, so it you see something that does not make since or is flat out wrong.  Please leave a comment so it can be corrected.

Please follow my blog.
If you are interested in reading a sci-fi book.  I have the first book of a four book series on a separate blog.  The Remnant Series.  The first book has the series pro-log and then the first book.  You will find it at www.rogeratlarge.com





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Old Chair

The Arizona Pyramid

Anarchy is Beautiful